As a candidate for president, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. claimed on Monday that he has been contacted by members of the team of former President Donald Trump about joining him as Trump’s running mate in the next election.
Kennedy said that while he was “flattered” by the thought, he was not interested in running with Trump.
Don’t miss this! Carry faith with you everywhere with the Exclusive National Prayer Coin!
The political scion was interviewed by NewsNation on his current presidential campaign.
Kennedy withdrew from the Democratic Party primary in October and decided to run as an independent.
In recent weeks, there has been a lot of talk that Trump may be considering him for vice president.
Kennedy declared that, come November, he had no desire to be at the bottom of a ticket.
When NewsNation questioned Kennedy about running alongside Trump on a Republican ticket, Kennedy responded. “I would not take that job,”
Kennedy politely turned the suggestion down.
“I’m flattered that President Trump would offer it to me, but it’s not something I’m interested in,” he said.
Later, Kennedy was asked if he had received any approaches from members of Trump’s inner circle to run alongside the outgoing president.
ALERT! Major Water Restrictions In Effect!
He claimed, “People from the team have reached out to me.”
However, Chris LaCivita, the senior campaign strategist for Trump, was quoted in the Washington Examiner as denying any notion that the Trump team contacted Kennedy in an X post.
“This is 100% FAKE NEWS — NO ONE from the Trump Campaign ever approached RFK jr (or ever will) — one of the most LIBERAL and radical environmentalists in the country,” LaCivita wrote in part.
Kennedy attracted a lot of attention when he announced his Democratic bid for president last year, taking against incumbent Joe Biden.
According to some polls, nearly one-fifth of Democratic voters supported him.
But Kennedy left his family’s party in October of last year and decided to enter the election as an independent for the first time.
He stated at the time that he hoped to “rewrite the assumptions and change the habits of American politics” and declared both of the main political parties to be corrupt, according to CBS News.
Although Kennedy isn’t expected to receive a lot of support in November, some Democrats are worried about his candidacy because they think it might hurt Biden’s prospects of winning reelection.
The son of former Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy Sr. received around 13 percent of the vote in a recent Suffolk University/USA TODAY survey that included Trump, Biden, Kennedy, and a few other independent candidates.
With 37% of the vote apiece, Trump and Biden were tied in the survey.




